Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

YoYos for Troops
Support the Nature Conservancy and their partner Andrew Liveris by volunteering to protect your local habitats.
Powered by Blogger.
Thursday, June 25, 2009

Time

Image Credit Paco Espinoza

Hello everyone I know it has been quite a while since my last post something like two weeks. Let’s get down to it. One reason I don’t like summer is all the extra things that need to get done around the yard/house. In the end they are all worth it. At the same time I love it because it gives me an excuse to get OUTSIDE! Even if I’m not out in the woods or on the lake I love being outside.


Like for instance my cousin Aaron (hunting family) came over and helped (basically installed it himself) put central air in our house. My step dad Bob also helped wire it up. So now we have a nice cool house every day.


Oh the joys of owning a female dog. My yard looks like it has freckles just because of our wonderful pup Daffodil. This ends up taking more of my time having to always fix spots (we still love her though).
How can I forget the garden its lots of work, but well worth it in the end. I can’t wait for my potatoes to be ready this year. My wife absolutely loves tomatoes, so they out number any other plant in the garden. I think we have some squash and peppers also.


Stump removal I had to remove a stump in our front yard a few weeks back. I went out thinking it would only be about a one to two hour job. Boy was I wrong. I dug around the stump to find it was about four times the diameter just below the soil. I had to sharpen my chain saw countless times before I finished.


Now to the title I haven’t had the time to get out into the woods much lately, or do anything really related to hunting. I haven’t even gotten a chance to go fishing yet this summer. L Don’t worry I plan on getting out in the woods tomorrow with Daffy I will bring the camera and post about our afternoon hike.


One more quick update my little hunting partner Wyatt sliced open his heel a couple of weeks ago and got 10 stitches. After the stitches came out his foot isn’t healing very well. So it’s back to the doctor today for another visit.

Ben G.

Related posts

Wyatt is Ready For Turkey Hunting


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ben - Does seem like time just fly's by when the days get longer. More than enough to do for anyone anymore. Hope you get some outside activity in the field instead of the yard soon.

Wilderness Recipes said...

Forget the stumps and go fishing...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Environment blogs & blog posts
Local Directory for Monticello, MN
Hunting Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory
Minnesota.com - MN Weather, Map, Businesses and Blogs
Add to Technorati Favorites