Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

YoYos for Troops
Support the Nature Conservancy and their partner Andrew Liveris by volunteering to protect your local habitats.
Powered by Blogger.
Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Trout Fishing Part 5 (final)

Our last morning started out like the day before. A quick breakfast, hop in the truck and go fishing. The only difference this morning was that we had to pack the rest of our stuff in the truck.

We hooked the four wheelers up and headed back to the secret spot. Only this time there was road construction on our way. We didn’t have to wait too long which was good because I think we were all a bit antsy to get back out and fish.

We finely got to the spot where we unload the four wheelers. We got them all off the trailer and took off down the trail. This time we were going to stop at the unnamed lake we saw the day before and check out the campsite. The ride was about 15 minutes to the lake with out a name.








Four wheelers at campsite on unnamed lake



When we arrived at the lake Gary grabbed his fishing pole and started to fish to see if it would be worth all of us fishing from the shore of this lake. George and my self grabbed our cameras and started to take a few pictures of this beautiful little lake and its surroundings. After walking around for about 10 minutes and Gary not getting a single bite we decided it was time to head back to the secret spot.






In the bottom left corner you can see Gary Fishing



The pics above are all pictures of the lake isn't it amazing

When we arrived at the secret spot today we immediately tried casing in the spots we caught trout the day before no luck. This was completely opposite from the day before. Oh well we decide to keep moving up stream to the other spots we caught fish. I think I caught one or two little trout but nothing to brag about.

Gary decided to try his luck down stream while George and I wanted to see what was further up stream. Oh my, what a brave choice George and I made. The woods were incredibly thick and walking was almost impossible. We would find a little spot here and there where we could cast and see if we could catch any fish.

Along the way I head a snap from behind me I didn’t really think much of it, but shortly after I heard the snap George said,” OH NO!” I looked back at George to see him holding his fishing rod which now was in two separate pieces. “I did it again”, he said. I responded with, “You did what again”. “Broke another rod” George exclaimed. I came to find out on just about every fishing trip Gary and George take together George either seems to break a rod or loose one.

We continued up the river for a little while longer. I tried fishing here and there and didn’t really have any luck. Finally George and I decide we should head back to the four wheelers and see what Gary was up too. The way back was just as tough a walk as the way up stream. It probably took us a good twenty five to thirty minutes to get back to the four wheelers.

Upon arriving I decide to cast a couple of times and see if I could catch anything. I didn’t have any luck. Gary was no where to be found, so George and I grabbed our cameras and started walking around. I was a gorges day and we got some good pictures of nature.

About twenty minutes or so went by, and Gary came back to the meeting spot. Everyone was kind of pooped out, but we wanted to do some exploring for next year before we went home. The four wheeler trail we road out on crossed the stream we were fishing so we decided to follow it.
The trail was narrow and had lost of twits and turns. Needless to say it was a slow ride, but still lots of fun. Along the way we came across some fresh Moose, and wolf tracks. It almost looked as though the wolf was following the Moose, but for some reason I doubt it.








Moose track and Georges hand for size reference





Wolf track I don't have a size reference but it was about the size of the palm of my hand
We arrived at our final destination when we came up on a big river (it was big compared to the streams and creeks we had been fishing). We think it was the South Brule? It looks like we found a spot for next year. We might even be able to catch some small mouth bass and pike here.




What we believed to be the South Brule River

It was getting close to lunch time which was time to eat and hit the road. We decide it was a good time to head back to the truck and go home. By this point I wanted to really ride the four wheeler. I took the lead and made the 45 minute ride into a 30 minute ride what a blast.

George crossing the river on the way back

It was a fun trip and I was sad that it had to end.

Things I learned on the tripAlways keep your fishing pole together b/c you may loose half of it

Never forget your ear plugs when staying in a cabin with two other guys (I brought mine and slept like a baby)

George likes to break fishing poles

Gary is a good fisher man who doesn’t like to eat fish (he did have one or two)

Some sort of sandals or water shoes would be nice for walking in the rivers. (If you have any suggestions please let me know)

Trout fishing can be a lot of work but well worth it in the end

Ben G.


atv safety certificate at ATVCourse.com

 
Other related Posts

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wanting to add my thanks for giving us all a chance to live your trip with you. Glad you had a great time, and, yes trout fishing can be a lot of work, usually mixed with some great outdoor pleasure.

Ben G. said...

Thanks Mel, I am now hooked on trout fishing. I'm kind of glad there isn't any trout streams close to me b/c I would want to spend countless day out fishing.

Tony said...

That lake really looks amazing! It's so hard to see summer coming to an end. Great write up!

Ben G. said...

Thanks Tony,

I agree it is hard to see summer end, but fall is my favorite season so I think I will manage.

Katerina said...

I really enjoyed the pictures of the lake in this post. Was surprised how similar they looked like - just like the landscape we have here in Northern Sweden.

Ben G. said...

Katerina,

I'm glad you enjoyed the pictures. That's cool that Northern Sweden & Northern Minnesota look so similar. Maybe that's why my reletives immagrated from Sweden to Minnesota in the 1800's.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Environment blogs & blog posts
Local Directory for Monticello, MN
Hunting Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory
Minnesota.com - MN Weather, Map, Businesses and Blogs
Add to Technorati Favorites