Support the Nature Conservancy and their partner Andrew Liveris by volunteering to protect your local habitats.
Outdoor Related sites
Powered by Blogger.
Wednesday, August 4, 2010
12:58 PM | Posted by Ben G. | Edit Post
4. You can sleep in your own bed at night; if you find public hunting land close enough.
1. Lots of hunters around and you don’t know them or how safe they are. You have to make sure you have tons and tons of blaze orange on at all times.
2. Don’t leave your stand up in the tree even if it is chained to the tree. I forgot the key to my tree stand after opening weekend last year and had to leave my stand out in the tree. My brother went to go get it the next evening and someone had stolen it.
3. Some one can have the same tree in mind or one very close to the one you plan on sitting in. This has happened to just about every one in our party at least once. Hint: have two or more spots scoped out and ready for opening morning.
4. You can go home and have lots of things to do on the Honey Do list.
In my next post I will be reviewing the good and the bad of Upland bird hunting on public hunting land.
Related links on Ben G. Outdoors
10 Tips for hunting Public Land
It's never to early to start getting ready for deer season
Other related links
7 Tips For Deer Hunting Public Land
Tips and Tricks: Deer Hunting Tips
Five Tips for Taking Trophy Bucks on Public Land
- ▼ August (5)